Getting your car ready for transport
As a leading car shipping logistics company, we pride ourselves on providing the best solutions and the most dependable transportation option in Canada. We also want to provide you with all the information to get your vehicle ready for transport.
Our top concern is to safely transport your vehicle(s) to your desired location. As a result, before we dispatch your car(s), we recommend that you do a few important checks.
Checks to get your car ready for transport include:
- To booked to the carrier and transported, your car must be in working order.
- Unless you have set transport for a non running vehicle, which all on itself is a completely different shipping process.
- The gas tank must be at least 1/4 full.
- The E-brake and foot brake must be in fully functional conditions.
- Any personal items should be removed from your vehicle. *Unless authorized otherwise by one of our agents.
- The vehicle must have a 4 inches of ground clearance AS MINIMUM.
- If your car has been modified, please notify us before booking a shipment.
- Modified implies the vehicle has been lowered, or lifted from the original ground clearance. This includes lifts kits and larger tires.
- Any modifications to widen the body of the vehicle.
- Additions to the roof, like lights.
- In your glove compartment, keep a copy of your vehicle’s registration and insurance.
- To save weight, keep the gas level up to 1/4 tank.
- Check that anything attached to the car is secure and won’t damage the vehicle or neighboring vehicles.
- We recommend any valuables and personal documents to be removed of the vehicle.
- Prior to shipping, wash the vehicle to aid the driver in performing a thorough inspection for any existing dings, dents, or scratches.
- Check for leaks. Drivers may refuse to load a car that is leaking too much oil or fluid.
- It is always a good idea to take high-quality images of the vehicle (including the odometer). However, this is completely optional.
- Keep a spare key with you just in case.
- The majority of car shipments go successfully, and following these procedures can help ensure a favorable experience.
Are you ready to ship your car?
Every vehicle we ship requires a year, make, model, and VIN number, as well as required authorization from the vehicle’s owner. We also recommend double-checking your contract to ensure that the pick-up and delivery addresses are right.
Contact us, whenever you are ready to book your car for shipping! Or if you have any additional questions on how to get your vehicle ready for transport.